IEC seeks a Quality Control Manager Inspector for a SABER contract at Joint Base Charleston. This position is responsible for overall Quality Control Management Inspection and compliance for multiple construction projects, ranging from $2,500 – $2,000,000, at various sites on Joint Base Charleston, SC, project management functions, and creation of As-built drawings.. The ideal candidate has a strong and varied construction background, experience with the USACE QCM program, and the ability to produce quality as-built drawings. This position utilizes multiple construction software platforms and performs daily data entry.
IEC is a General Contractor based in Kansas City, Missouri that specializes on federal construction contracts throughout the United States. Our mission is to build to a higher standard through a focus on performance, safety, and understanding our clients’ mission and needs. We are a growing company looking for motivated, self-starting individuals to join our team! We offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company contribution, and paid leave.
Candidates must complete an IEC Employment Application to be considered for this position. To accces an application and for more information on the QCM Position and other available positions are available HERE.
Resumes without a completed application may not be considered.
- 6-10 years of construction experience
- Experience with multiple trades preferred
- Federal/MILCON experience preferred
- 5 years of construction Quality Control experience required
- USACE CQM (current or past) for Contractors certification preferred
- Ability to work on a military installation (Pre-employment background check required)
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License in good standing with local Department of Motor Vehicles
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement, maintain, and manage IEC Quality Control plan and policies
- Visit job sites daily and create daily QC reports
- Coordinate quality control inspections with client QC inspectors
- Perform daily QC data entry
- Assist project managers in Developing project/site specific quality control plans
- Coordinate submittals for all active projects
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for review by corporate QC Managers
- Assist subcontractors in federal, state, and local QC compliance
- Create As-built drawings on a regular basis
- Perform Project Management functions (scope development, estimating, subcontractor management) on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of the federal construction industry
- Familiarity with the USACE QCM program and certification
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and cloud based construction management software)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and make reports
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer
IEC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. IEC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. IEC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, IEC will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.