This position is responsible for managing a program effort. The program consists of multiple task orders throughout the year on a multi-year contract. Staff size managed will vary with workload.
Infinite Energy Construction is looking for a Project Manager / Contract Manager at our Fort Irwin, CA office. This Project Manager is responsible for managing a program effort on a multi-year Job Order Contract with the United States Army. Ideal candidates should have a strong technical background in Construction and Project Management along with the ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the Government and within the subcontracting community.
Strong Project Manager candidates with experience and educational qualifications may be trained on the job for Contract (Program) management duties and role.
IEC is a General Contractor based in Kansas City, Missouri that specializes on federal construction contracts. Our mission is to build to a higher standard through a focus on performance, safety, and understanding our clients’ mission and needs. We are a growing company looking for motivated, self-starting individuals to join our team! We offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package including: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company contribution, and paid leave.
Candidates must complete an IEC Employment Application to be considered for this position. To download an application and for more information on the Superintendent and other available positions, please visit HERE.
Resumes without a completed application may not be considered.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees overall contract(s) performance
- Directly manages and supervises the program effort and personnel
- Enforces policies and procedures
- Oversees contracts and projects throughout their entire life cycle to ensure on-time/budget completion
- Review, comment, and assist in the development of project SOW (scope of work)
- Estimates task orders using 4Clicks / RS Means / Gordian line item estimation software
- Negotiate Task Order Estimates with Government representatives in accordance to Contract language and respective scope
- Requires a full understanding of task order budgeting to successfully manage budgets on individual projects as well as the overall program budgets.
- Holds regular reviews with upper management to present the program budget results
- Review documentation for contracts, to include:
- Submittal documentation
- Project Estimates and Proposals
- Project Schedules
- Subcontractor Agreements
- Project Progress Reports
- Change Orders
- Track costs and labor
- Recruit, develop, and manage subcontractor pool in all disciplines
- Coordinate site logistics
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive understanding of and intimate familiarity with principles, methods, and techniques of architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Knowledge of the program construction requirements
- Knowledge of construction estimating software, strategies and techniques
- Ability to prepare and negotiate project proposals
- Strong computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Government and subcontracting partners
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective management, budget, estimating, and planning skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to learn through observation and hands on experience
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and make reports
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on and with a team
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering
- USACE QCM for Contractors preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of general construction experience
- Minimum of 5 years federal construction experience; including at least 2 years of SABER/IDIQ/JOC/MATOC, etc, experience
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience
- Prior experience as a Contract Manager or like position
- Ability to work on controlled-access installations